Before we started this project, my understanding of film making was very limited. I had never attempted something like this, so the whole process was foreign to me at the start. I had a basic understanding of how movies are made, but no first hand experience of my own.
Once we had the idea for our movie, we had find a suitable shooting location. To do this, Connor and I drove around town looking for spots with settings that would work well with our movie. I had to take into account the noise levels, lighting, and traffic so that the dialogue in the shots would be audible and the characters would be visible.
Once we found our location, we had to organize a schedule. I was involved with finding a time to film that would work for all members of the project, which meant considering our school and work schedules. Once a date and time was designated, we all had to meet up at the place independently to begin filming.
During our shooting, I played a role in directing the scenes. I used my vision of the movie and my knowledge of camera shots to help make some scenes more entertaining and professional. I suggested the car pulling in scene, the jump cuts of Giovanne, and the falling on the ground scene because I thought they would add drama to the film.
My camera work was limited in the movie, but nonetheless I contributed and learned some things. In the telephone scenes I filmed Connor while he was on the phone, and I had to decide what angle to shoot from and how to frame him in the shot. Additionally, I filmed the scene where Carla throws the duffel bag at Connor by putting the camera over her shoulder. This, I thought, would add to the suspense of what she looks like because we can't see her face yet.
Through this project, I have learned how to use a camera better, how to coordinate shooting times, how to scout locations, and how to direct actors and models to make a decent movie.
No comments:
Post a Comment